Explore

1.0KM
ANAND RUSHIJI MAHARAJ MEMORIAL

Anand Dham is a shrine of renowned Sant Acharya Anandrishiji Maharaj who received initiation from Ratan Rishiji Maharaj at the age of 13, thereby formally committing himself to a life of spiritual pursuits & service to humanity. His teachings were deep rooted in love, non- violence & tolerance. He was proficient in nine languages and wrote extensively in Marathi and Hindi. He had founded numerous educational & religious institutions & also rejuvenated many ailing institutions & founded magazines.

4.7KM
ST JOHN'S CATHOLIC CHURCH

St. Johns Church was built during British period where most of their units were stationed at Ahmednagar from 1817. Graves in the Church cemeteries and its inscriptions give information about the units stationed here. As per the Church records, the first British Army units to arrive at Ahmednagar were the Auxiliary Horsed Cavalry and then Ahmednagar flourished as Cantonment 1840 onwards.

6.9KM
ALAMGIR

Alamgir Dargah is situated near Bhingar on Pathardi road. Aurangzeb died at the age of 91 at the very same place, his body was taken to Khultabad, near Aurangabad and buried there. This historical place also houses a Masjid and Baradari where meetings used to take place.The library near the masjid has rare Qurans, dating back to the time of emperor Aurangzeb. One of the Qurans here was written by the emperor himself.

14.5KM
SALABAT KHAN'S TOMB

Salabat Khan's Tomb is the tomb of Salabat Khan, the famous minister of the fourth Nizam shah, Murtaza. Located outskirts of city on a hill called Shah Donga, sometimes mistakenly referred to as the Mahal of Chand Bibi. The structure of the tomb is octagonal in shape.

42KM
SHANI SHINGNAPUR

Shani Shingnapur is a village where there are no door frames and locks in homes. Natives believe that ShaniDev protect them and their houses from any kind of theft or crime. The village is visited by devotees as well as tourists on ShaniAmavasya or no moon day falling on Saturdays. A temple is dedicated to Lord Shani and the idol enshrined is a slab of the rock. The premises of the temple have a tomb of Udasi Baba, a Sufi saint.

86.8KM
SHIRDI SAIBABA TEMPLE

Sai Baba of Shirdi, also known as Shirdi Sai Baba was an Indian spiritual master who is regarded by his devotees as an incarnation of God (avatar), saint, fakir, and satguru, according to their individual proclivities and beliefs.... Sai Baba is known by people around the world.

79.3KM
SHRI SIDDHIVINAYAK TEMPLE

Shri Siddhivinayak Temple is located at Siddhatek, one of the famous mountain peaks of the region. It is believed that the site was known as a place where Lord Vishnu performed penance to get a boon from Lord Siddheshwar Ganesh. Sage Moraya Gosavi from Chinchwad and Sage Narayan Maharaj from Kodgaon completed their penance and got siddhi from Lord Siddhivinayak at this place.

2.7KM
SIDDHESHWAR TEMPLE

Siddheshwar Temple, one of the famous temples of the region, is located in Parner city of the Ahmednagar District. The ancient temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Housing many small ponds and a waterfall in its vicinity, the temple is visited by devotees and travellers throughout the year.

82.5KM
DATTA TEMPLE

Datta Temple is situated in Devgad village and is situated on the banks of River Pravara. The site is popular as it was the home to Kisangiri Maharaj, a saint and messenger of Lord Datta. The temple stands between the gardened pathways, which lead to the inner sanctum of the temple. Apart from this shrine, a small temple of Kisangiri Maharaj is also situated on the banks of River Pravara.

3.8KM
RENUKA MANDIR

The Renuka Temple is a located 3 km away from Ahmednagar city in the town of Kedgaon. It is dedicated to Goddess Durga. The temple attracts devotes from all across the state. It is one of the few temples in Ahmednagar whose exact origins are still a unknown. During the 9 days of Navratri festival a fair is held near the temple premise & devotees from all across Ahmednagar come to seek the blessings of Maa Durga.

3.5KM
BHUIKOT FORT

The Ahmednagar Fort is located beside on Bhingar River near Bhingar and ahmednagar, Maharashtra. It was the headquarters of the Ahmednagar Sultanate. In 1803, it was taken by the British in during the Second Anglo-Maratha War. It was used as a prison during the British Raj. Currently, the fort is under the administration of the Armoured Corps of the Indian Army. In 1803 the Ahmednagar Fort was round in appearance, with twenty-four bastions.

5.5KM
CAVALRY TANK MUSEUM

Cavalry Tank Museum was established by the Armored Corps Centre and School, Ahmednagar in February 1994. It is the only museum of its kind in Asia and houses about 50 exhibits of vintage armored fighting vehicles.